Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mason's Here!

So I know I am super behind now in posting so much, so I am just going to start from the beginning. One of my last posts was about Kyle waking up with vertigo on Saturday morning. Well, things were better on Sunday for him, we just took things easy and slow and hung out in bed. Sunday night about 8pm Kyle started getting ready for bed and work the next day and I was out in the living room watching TV. He came out after a few minutes to check on me and see if I was going to get ready for bed as well. As I walked out of the bathroom, he asked me if I was OK, I guess I had a worried look on my face? So I turned and asked him how he was feeling~he said I feel alright I guess~Why??? And I told him "I think my water just broke." He laughed and said are you serious? I said yes!!!

I called the nurse and she told us to head to the hospital but no hurry because I was not even having contractions yet. So Kyle took his shower and I took mine, we got packed up and headed out. On the way to the hospital I guess Kyle was a little excited because we got pulled over for speeding :) The officer was very nice and asked where we were headed and told us to be careful!

We checked into the hospital about 10pm or so and my Mom got there about 11pm. As soon as I started to have contractions that I could feel I went ahead and got the pain meds started, I should have been able to sleep through the night but I was so excited that there was no sleeping. And it was a good thing my Mom was there to keep me company because Kyle was sleeping like a baby. At that point my Doctor was still on Vacation until the next morning so we didn't start any of the meds to move things along until about 5am. He came in and checked on me about 7am and I was only dialated to about 3 or a 4. Next thing I know he comes back in around 11am and checks me and I am a 7 and he tells us I think we will have a baby here in the next few hours! We were so excited, but so tired already because I did not sleep at all!

Once the nurse came in and got us started pushing~I pushed for about 2 hours but Mason's heart rate kept dropping so we had to slow down the pushing for him. Finally the Doctor decided he was going to have to go in and pull him out with these giant, what he called, salad spoons! And honestly at that point I did not care what he wanted to do, I just wanted to be DONE! :)

Our sweet little boy was born at 2:53pm at 8 pounds 10 ounces 22 inches long!

We are so blessed and Love him SO SO VERY MUCH!!!

I would love to post some pictures for everyone(because really I know that is what everyone wants to see) but we are having problems with our Internet and it takes WAY to long to upload them and I do not have the time for that right now. So as soon as it is fixed I will post more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment